In the last days of October 2020, olive fruits, this time colored fruits (matured fruits) and olive leaves were again sampled on three olive varieties in the experimental collection olive orchard of the Institute for Adriatic Crops and Karst Reclamation. The following analyzes, same as for the first and second sampling, will be performed on them:
1. determination of physical parameters of fruits and leaves,
2. determination of fruits and leaves volatile compounds,
3. determination of the olive fruit fly infestation,
4. determination of fruits and leaves phenolic compounds,
5. and the extraction of the essential oils of the leaves for the purpose of determination of the volatile compounds of the essential oils thereof.
All the above analyzes are carried out for the purpose of isolating volatile compounds, characteristic of a certain variety, which could be responsible for the the olive fly attraction.